At the Central Wyoming College Testing Center, there are eight workstations for computerized, paper-pencil or online exams, though larger groups can be accommodated with advance notice. Each test is proctored in a quiet, secure environment. All testers are required to provide a photo ID and leave all belongings outside the testing area.
CWC's Testing Center is located in CWC's Main Hall, inside the Library and is open to CWC staff, students and the public.
Hours: Monday through Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(No tests begin after 4 p.m.)
Additional hours by appointment
The Testing Center is located in CWC's Main Hall, inside the library
. Need directions? It's easy to get here.
Limited testing services are also available at CWC Outreach Centers in Lander and Jackson
Compass placement tests
- Compass tests allow unlimited time.
Testers should allow at least 1.5 hours to complete all three sections: English grammar, math and reading comprehension.
- The first test is free for CWC applicants and students, $10 for all retakes
- CWC allows a maximum of three retakes of each section per semester
- Appointments are appreciated
- Resources for preparing for Compass
- Visit the official Compass web site
- Secure exam proctoring for other institutions
- $15 per test, by appointment
- CWC partners with PAN, Pearson Vue, ASE and ATI
- By appointment
CLEP (College-Level Examination Program)
- Applied math, reading for information, locating information exams (for Hathaway scholarship option 3) are offered
- $52 for series
- Visit the official WorkKeys web site
- CWC coordinates the administration of ACT, LSAT and Praxis exams.
Wyoming Constitution exam
- Used to satisfy the Wyoming portion of Constitutional General Education requirement
- Print form with instructions
- Cost is equivalent to one credit tuition rate without fees
Internal CWC exams
- Instructor approval form required
- No fee
- Appointments are suggested to guarantee availability
Special accommodations available
The testing center works closely with the disabilities officer to provide accommodations when necessary. Contact us for more information.